Celebrate global customs and cuisines under one festive roof at Phoenicia Specialty Foods, Saturday, December 12th, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at YUMMY! Wonderland. Bring the family to Phoenicia’s downtown location and enjoy a day full of food, crafts, live musical performances and shopping. Join the Houston Fire Department’s Operation Stocking Stuffer and celebrate the spirit of the season with a new, unwrapped toy to donate.
$15 for adults | $8 for children, ages 4-12
Children 3 and under, free admission
Buffet-style brunch, house coffee and juice are included with the ticket price. Seating is first come, first served and brunch will be served from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Purchase tickets in advance at: http://yummywonderland.eventbrite.com/
Phoenicia Specialty Foods Downtown
1001 Austin St.
Houston, TX 77010
The YUMMY! Wonderland buffet brunch features a delicious mix of global dishes served during the holidays, including:
Pomegranate Glazed Salmon
Aleppo Roasted Potatoes
Falafel Spiced Hash Browns
Waffles with Cranberry Syrup
Enjoy live holiday music and dance throughout the day by local performers representing the customs and cultures of the United States, Mexico, Latin America, Russia and the Ukraine.
- Talento Bilingüe de Houston
- The Russian Cultural Center
- Ukrainian National Women's League of America with a performance by the students at the Ukranian school
- Theatre Under the Stars’ Humphreys School of Musical Theater students
- Awty International School’s International Choir
- KINETIC, a fresh, new conductorless orchestra comprised of 16 string players led by Natalie Lin
- FLY Dance Company
- Houston Rockets games & giveaways, plus a possible appearance by mascot Clutch
Let your creative side out to play! Families can create memories at hands-on crafting centers including:
- Aurora Picture Show flip book craft
- Young Makers activity station for making embossed holiday cards, hosted by Houston Makerspace
- Cookie Decorating
Find gifts with heart from The Community Cloth, a local organization selling artisanal hand-crafted products locally made by women who come from Afghanistab, Bhutan, Congo, Iran, Iraq, Myannar (Burma) and Sudan.
YUMMY! Holiday Wishes
What’s on your holiday wish list? Let Santa Claus know during the celebration. Santa speaks French, Spanish and English and photo opportunities are available.
Facebook event here.